Over time, factors like age, sun exposure, environmental pollutants, and acne damage make our skin look old, dull, wrinkled, and tired. BBL (BroadBand Light) is a cutting-edge Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure that collectively addresses most of your skin concerns to remove the surface irregularities and reverse the signs of aging, making your skin look firmer, smoother, and younger.
What is BBL?
BBL, short for BroadBand Light Therapy, is a skin rejuvenation technique that reverses most of your skin damage and signs of aging. The BBL device delivers light energy to heat the uppermost layers of the skin. The heat from the BBL device seeps deep into your skin’s underlying tissues, encouraging your body to produce more collagen. Over time, as your body produces more collagen, your skin tissues tighten and grow firmer, reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and skin laxity.
The light energy from the BBL device can also be directed towards the abnormal vascular lesions and spider veins on your skin’s surface. The thermal energy collapses the vein walls, reducing the excessive redness from the prominent blood vessels. BBL therapy also regulates melanin production to treat hyperpigmentation. The BBL device comes with unique cooling tips that allow your skin to absorb intense light energy without causing pain and discomfort. You should get two to four BBL therapies per year for optimal results.
BBL Treatment Options
The BBL (BroadBand Light) device is available in various modalities, each addressing different skin concerns and problems. The following is an overview of the leading BBL treatment options and the skin problems they address.
- Corrective BBL: The photothermal energy from the BBL device eliminates the abnormal blood vessels with excessive blood and unwanted melanin. It treats vascular lesions, excessive redness, hyperpigmentation, spider veins, etc.
- Forever Young BBL: The light energy from the Forever Young device targets signs of aging and sun damage. The thermal energy seeps within the skin’s deeper tissues to encourage skin cell regeneration and collagen production, thereby tightening your skin tissues. It reduces skin laxity and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles.
- Forever Clear BBL: This treatment modality addresses acne breakouts and other skin concerns related to acne. The intense light energy kills the bacteria responsible for your acne breakouts, reduces inflammation, and improves the appearance of your acne scars.
- SkinTyte: This treatment modality is used to tighten your skin tissues and improve overall firmness. The SkinTyte device delivers rapid pulses of light energy to activate your body’s natural healing and collagen production processes, leading to firmer and younger skin.
What can BBL accomplish?
As mentioned earlier, the BBL device is available in various treatment modalities, each addressing different skin concerns. However, BBL treatment addresses most skin concerns and problems, including:
- Hyperpigmentation and freckles
- Spider veins and vascular lesions
- Age spots and sun damage
- Irregularities in the skin texture
- Skin laxity and excessive sagging
- Wrinkles and fine lines
Benefits of BBL
- Nonsurgical and noninvasive treatment
- No pain and discomfort due to the cooling tips
- Addresses most skin concerns
- Activates your body’s natural healing
- No downtime
Are you a candidate for BBL?
You’re a suitable candidate for BBL therapy if you have wrinkles, fine lines, sunspots, age spots, vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, or other skin concerns due to years of accumulated skin damage and aging. As long as you’re in generally good physical health with no severe medical conditions, you’re a suitable candidate for BBL.
The BBL therapy will start with an initial consultation with our aesthetician. They’ll carefully examine your face, chest, and other treatment areas to assess the sun damage, lesions, and other skin concerns. They’ll also review your medical history, discuss your cosmetic goals, and recommend the ideal BBL treatment modality based on your specific needs.
During the BBL treatment, the skincare provider will move the BBL device over the chosen treatment areas to deliver quick bursts of light energy. You might feel mild discomfort, but the procedure is fairly comfortable. The entire treatment will conclude in 30 to 60 minutes, following which you’ll be asked to wear sunscreen and avoid aggressive scrubbing for a few days.
You might feel like you have a bit of a sunburn, but the redness and irritation will dissipate in a few days. The pigmented lesions, sunspots, and freckles will darken and eventually flake off your skin, leaving you with smooth, firm, and even-textured skin. Your treatment provider may recommend additional sessions for optimal results.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have years of accumulated skin damage, vascular lesions, and redness, please schedule a consultation to discuss your BBL therapy options with our skilled esthetician. Our BBL sessions are personalized according to your unique needs and preferences to ensure optimal results.Schedule a consultation