Your nose plays a significant role in the balance, symmetry, and attractiveness of your face. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, you are reminded of the flaw every time you look in a mirror, look at a photograph, or happen to catch your reflection in a window.
The term “rhinoplasty” refers to the reshaping of the nose. Traditionally, this reshaping has been accomplished through surgical techniques.
Nose Reshaping Without Surgery
Even though you wish there was something you could do about your nose, you might be reluctant to undergo surgery. The recovery period can be long, and the costs may be prohibitive – and for any number of reasons, many people would prefer to avoid surgery unless a procedure is necessary for health reasons.
Non-Invasive, Non-Surgical Nose Job
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can be an appealing option for many patients, offering a simple and non-invasive way for them to address a cosmetic issue that impacts day-to-day happiness and self-confidence. This procedure is now available at our plastic surgery clinic in Seattle.
What is Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Our Seattle non-surgical nose job does not involve hospitalization, scalpels, stitches or anesthetic. In fact, it can be accomplished in a matter of minutes at our luxurious, private Bellevue plastic surgery center.
Traditional rhinoplasty requires incisions along the sides of the nose, or within the nose structure. Bones, cartilage and other tissues are exposed, reshaping is done with special instruments and then incisions are closed with sutures. A surgical alteration is necessary in some cases.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty involves the injection of dermal fillers to smooth harsher angles, alter the appearance of a nose tip, fill depressions on the surface, smooth a hump on the bridge of the nose, or other subtle enhancement. These injections will instantly bring about significant changes in the appearance of your nose to achieve greater harmony with your other facial features, contributing to the overall aesthetic balance.
What Are the Benefits of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Many people elect to undergo a non-surgical rhinoplasty in Bellevue to correct subtle flaws in nose shape and structure. The benefits of this procedure include:
- It is non-invasive. It is quite understandable that a person could be uneasy about undertaking a procedure that involves incisions on the face, particularly if the surgery is elective and for cosmetic reasons only. Aside from anxieties that even after undergoing surgery the results could fall short of expectations, any surgery carries some degree of risk.
- It does not involve drugs. Aside from the application of numbing cream and ice to your nose, this is a drug-free procedure. No anesthetic is required. You can even follow the progress of the treatment in a mirror if you like – rather than the need to be under anesthesia while the procedure is performed.
- It does not involve an extended period of healing. Surgical rhinoplasty requires weeks of recovery with swelling and bruising. By contrast, patients can usually return to work immediately after a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure. You may experience some minor swelling or bruising, but these side effects are minimal and can be hidden with cosmetics.
- Its results are lasting, but not unalterable. It is difficult to revise a poorly-performed surgical rhinoplasty. The injection of dermal fillers is quite a different matter. If you would like some adjustments after your initial treatment, this is easily performed with dermal fillers.
Am I a Candidate for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
It is important to clarify at the outset that this procedure is not advised for all patients seeking to correct a more serious cosmetic or structural problem with your nose. It will not repair any structural issues (e.g., a deviated septum) that are causing difficulties with breathing. If your nose has been broken and you want to repair the crooked appearance that has resulted, non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot accomplish this. Certain nose flaws can only be resolved with a surgical procedure.
A non-surgical nose job is most effective to accomplish relatively subtle cosmetic changes such as the following:
- Smoothing bumps on the bridge of the nose
- Filling indentations in the surface of the nose
- Altering undesired aspects of the shape of the nose tip
- Adjusting the appearance of the columella, the skin between the nostrils
- Reshaping a crooked nose that is crooked because of a broken bone
- Addressing nostrils that you feel are too wide
- Repairing irregularities that have resulted from surgical rhinoplasty
Because this is a non-surgical procedure, it may be an option for patients who have medical issues that would prevent them from being a good candidate for nose surgery. This can be confirmed through a consultation with our cosmetic surgeon.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
Prior to your treatment, photographs may be taken to create a “before” and “after” record of the appearance of your nose. There will be no need for anesthetic during the treatment and thus you do not have to arrange to have someone accompany you to your appointment.
Once treatment begins, the following steps will be taken:
- A cream will be applied to your nose to numb it. After application, you will wait 20 to 30 minutes to allow the numbing to take full effect.
- You will then place ice on your nose. This will further enhance the numbing effect and can also act to decrease the risk of bruising caused by the injections.
- Your skin will be cleaned thoroughly.
- At this point, your surgeon will begin the process of making injections at the sites that have been identified for treatment. The injections cause minimal discomfort. (The tip of the nose is more sensitive than other portions.)
- A topical solution will be applied when the injections are complete.
If you desire, you should be able to return to work after your procedure. Some patients choose to schedule their appointments just prior to the week weekend, as a small amount of swelling, redness or bruising is common, but quickly fades.
You are free to resume your regular skincare routine. For the 24 hours immediately after your procedure, it is recommended that you not exercise or drink alcohol. Our plastic surgeon will provide you with any pre- and post-procedure guidelines.
How Long Do the Result Last?
There are a variety of dermal fillers that are employed in performing non-surgical nose jobs. Eventually, all dermal fillers are broken down by the body and thus you will require touch-up treatments as your body naturally absorbs the dermal filler used in the procedure.
The exact length of time that you can expect your initial results to sustain depends on the filler, and typically last for about 10 months to two years. Your surgeon can discuss the options and the properties of each filler with you prior to treatment and consult with you about which filler will make the most sense for your individual situation.
Schedule a consultation
If the appearance of your nose is interfering with your quality of life and your happiness, it is likely that you have been troubled by this for months, or even years. A non-surgical nose job in Bellevue offers you a way to enhance your appearance in just a matter of minutes.Schedule a consultation