Dr. James M. Ridgway is highly skilled and experienced in the art of ethnic rhinoplasty. As such, he is able to improve both the appearance and function of your nose, without compromising the inherent beauty of your ethnic identity.
Types of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures
With Dr. Ridgway, one size does not fit all. Although there tend to be general commonalities among individuals who seek out an ethnic rhinoplasty procedure, he understands that every patient is unique. As such, he will approach your Bellevue rhinoplasty with fresh eyes in a way that is completely customized to you and your needs, while also taking into account the features and characteristics that are important to maintaining your inherently beautiful ethnic appearance and ensuring you look as natural as possible after the procedure.
- Asian rhinoplasty. Many of Dr. Ridgway’s ethnic rhinoplasty patients are of an Asian background. Though every patient is unique, these women and men typically desire a more defined nasal bridge, a more refined nasal tip and narrower nostrils – all things Dr. Ridgway is highly skilled in creating.
- Persian rhinoplasty. The Persian rhinoplasty is gaining in popularity around the world for its ability to refine the face while drawing out the patient’s naturally beautiful ethnic appearance. For these patients, Dr. Ridgway is vastly skilled in reducing the size of a nose that is too large, while also correcting a bulbous appearance and a downturned or upturned tip.
- African-American rhinoplasty. When Dr. Ridgway performs an African-American rhinoplasty, he takes special care to preserve the characteristics that maintain the patient’s ethnic identity – while also improving upon their beauty. In these cases, he generally focuses on narrowing the nostrils, creating a more defined nasal tip and sculpting a more pronounced nasal bridge.
An overview of the ethnic rhinoplasty procedure
To begin your ethnic rhinoplasty, Dr. Ridgway will first administer either general anesthesia or intravenous sedation to ensure your comfort and safety. Each of these anesthesia options has its own set of pros and cons, and Dr. Ridgway will discuss them with you thoroughly during your initial consultation to help you determine which one is in your best interest.
For the actual procedure, Dr. Ridgway will make a precise incision inside the nostrils or underneath the nose, depending on your unique needs. Guided by his artistic eye and years of experience, he will then reshape the underlying bone and cartilage to create the precise nose discussed during your consultation. Once he has sculpted an exquisite nose that enhances – never hides – your ethnic identity, he will redrape the nasal skin and tissue before expertly closing the incisions to ensure any scars are virtually imperceptible.
Preserving your identity during an ethnic rhinoplasty procedure is imperative. That's why Dr. Ridgway focuses carefully on improving deformities, decreasing nostril size, and reducing your nasal tip to ensure you receive the results you want while still maintaining your unique, beautiful Asian features. Find out how we can help create the nose you desire in one safe, effective procedure.
Asian Rhinoplasty Procedures in Seattle
Dr. Ridgway treats many patients from the Seattle area and beyond who are seeking an Asian rhinoplasty. To maintain your inherently attractive ethnic appearance, your procedure may include the following techniques:
During a dorsal augmentation, we will increase the projection of your nasal dorsum. This treatment makes your nose appear fuller while also creating a mature, elegant effect. A dorsal augmentation is an innovative procedure that can be treated either surgically or non-surgically to achieve the results you desire.
Nasal Tip Reduction
If you're interested in having a more refined nasal tip but still want to conserve your Asian characteristics, a nasal tip reduction can effectively alter your appearance. A bulbous nose or other areas of concern can quickly be improved upon by altering the overall angle and shape of the tip of your nose. Contouring the tip can provide a polished esthetic without taking away from your Asian background or making your nose look unnatural.
Nasal Tip Support and Projection
A support structure connects the upper and lower lateral cartilages to create a pronounced nasal tip. When we project your nasal tip to create a fuller appearance, it's also crucial to focus on your nose's support structure to ensure the size, shape, and strength of your nose is complete and effective post-surgery. During this procedure, we will ensure your entire nose will be structurally sound and visually appealing.
Reduction of Bilateral Alar
If you want your nostrils to be narrower, thinner, or appear less flared, a bilateral alar reduction may be perfect for you. This surgery carefully removes a piece of your nostril wall. Depending on your desired results, we may narrow the nostril base and reduce your nostrils, but in some cases it may be possible to decrease nasal flaring without making your nostrils smaller.
What to Expect After an Asian Rhinoplasty Procedure
Once Dr. Ridgway has sculpted a gorgeous nose that enhances your striking Asian ethnicity, you will undergo a minimal recovery time. During this period, you should:
- Avoid getting your dressing wet for at least two days.
- Sleep with your head raised above your heart to reduce swelling.
- Walk around for at least five minutes every two hours to avoid the formation of blood clots.
- Relax for at least two weeks before returning to work.
Initially, you may notice swelling and bruising near or surrounding the treatment area. This is normal. Expect these effects to go down completely after two weeks.
After a month, you should see significant improvements to your nose and overall facial profile. However, full effects and substantial enhancements may be revealed up to six months after surgery, depending on your personal recovery time.
Schedule a consultation
If you want to improve the appearance of your nose without losing your ethnic identity, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with among the best plastic surgeons Seattle has to offer, Dr. James M Ridgway, today. During your private meeting, he will carefully evaluate the imperfections that concern you most, before composing a custom treatment plan designed to create the precise nose you desire – while maintaining the inherent beauty of your heritage.Schedule a consultation