Facelift vs Temporary Injection
Minimally invasive facial procedures such as BOTOX and dermal fillers continue to be among one of the most requested facial rejuvenation procedures in the country – outnumbering surgical procedures greatly.
However, the American Society of Plastic Surgery has made mention of the popular resurgence of the facelift procedure.
Popular for a good reason, the facelift provides drastic results that withstand the test of time. When compared to the quick non-invasive injections and treatments, it is years to months. The facelift blows them out of the water and you would be hard-pressed to find a Seattle plastic surgeon better than Dr. James Ridgway. Learn more about his amazing results with his facial procedures by browsing through this website.
Who’s a Candidate?
- Facelifts should be taken and done on an individual basis. There is not set profile or age on when they should be performed.
What’s the Length of Surgery & Recovery?
- It all depends on the extent of the surgery performed. Mini-facelifts can be done under 2 hours while a regular facelift can take up to 4 hours or more if combined with other facial procedures such as a rhinoplasty, brow lift, neck lift, etc.
- Facelift are mostly superficial procedures so the down time for recovery is relatively short. It can differ patient to patient, but often they can return to work in 2-3 weeks.
What are the Risks?
- A facelift is safe when performed by a double-board certified facelift specialist like Dr. James Ridgway. Like any surgery, the facelift can carry some risks. Hematomas (bruising) and infection are some to name a few. Often there can be some nerve damage which is only temporary and should return to normal functions.
Types of Incisions with Facelifts:
- Facelifts can affect the cheeks, neck, and jowl. Our facelift in Seattle usually requires incisions to be placed in front and behind the ears.
- Neck lifts handled loose, droopy and sagging skin on your neck, that normally requires and incision behind the ear and/or under the chin.
- Mini-facelifts a normally done with minor concerns a patient has, as well as for those who have had a facelift prior and want to refresh the lift.
Back to blog